Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Info Post

So yesterday I thought I'd finally have time to sit down and write up a detailed post of who/what/where/how/why of our trip. After a late lunch we had all afternoon to rest up/relax. It took me a bit to get my computer to reconnect to the internet and I thought I'd take a little nap before jumping into my post since I wasn't able to connect with Yvonne and the family at that time. I dozed off for what I thought was a bit but when I awoke I looked at my watch and saw that over 2 hours had passed... whoa. Guess I was more tired than I thought. As you can see - Clint was too. Sorry for all the photos of Clint, but I don't make these thing up.


Anyway, after arriving we headed to our housing... a place called "Good Cottages." We are just outside Belfast in the beautiful green countryside. From the plane it looked just like a giant golf course.
Casey, Clint, Mark, and I were assigned to one of the cottages with a couple other guys. We found one of the rooms had 3 beds the other... two. I supported the idea that Mark and Clint got the big bed. I ended up on the couch...
We headed out to a gathering at the Firefighters for Christ center here in Ireland for a dinner gathering we were having to meet many of the Irish guys here. This is our team. We've got 7 from Fresno and others from Anaheim, Orange County, Pasadena, Michigan, Germany, Canada, etc - I'm still trying to learn names...
Karl, one of the guys from Canada smuggled in some Salmon. Good thing he didn't get checked at the airport - I think he taped them to his chest... I think I found some chest hair on mine. Or maybe Clint got too close to the grill.
As you can see, Brian Price, one of Fresno captains - spent his time shaking hands and kissing babies.
Some of the guys head out to shift today - the rest will go to a Firefighters for Christ breakfast later this morning.
More later.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are having a wonderful day! Ash turns 16 tomorrow...hard to believe. Praying that the Lord would fill you, work in your own hearts, and flow through you to point all to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If any of the wives are reading this...I thought it would be fun to get together this Friday and spend some time with one another. I don't have most of your email addresses or phone numbers, so feel free to email me at sydowns@gmail.com ...Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete