Saturday, May 16, 2009

Flying Circus

With the birds chirping, we awoke in wonderful San Jose and ready to get headed to the airport...All but Clint.


Realizing our "discount" parking required us to carry our luggage about 2 1/2 miles to the shuttle bus we discovered how optomistic we had all become with the weight restrictions of the airline. Casey was by far the lightest (he even had weighted his before leaving) but Clint's was even heavy for him. He assured everyone that his was under the 50 lb limit... I bet him a coffee...mmmm it was good - and I don't even like coffee. Intersting fact - 10 of Clint's T-shirts weight 6 pounds....that's a lot of fabric.


Just to be nice, I booked Clint and Mark sit next to each other on the plane. Too bad for the young gal that was trapped in the confined space between them and the window - About 3 hours into the flight I'll I saw was a limp wave and a slight whimper from her.


So I'm still trying to figure this out... we left San Francisco at 8:30am - flew 6 hours to New York had a one hour layover and a 7 hour flight to Ireland. So it's about 11pm (time for bed) but the clock here is 7am... ouch. We'll have to see how my wife's secret jet lag pills work.


We are welcomed to Dublin with a bumpy landing and a bunch of rain. I think it's 103 in Fresno right about now....
If you look real close... Clint's toes are turning blue. The Ireland guys were getting a kick out of the fact he was in sandals. We have a short wait at the airport for another group to come in and the guys shared with us a Irish breakfast. I don't really know what this is but it's a good thing I just sat through a nutrition seminar...

6 comments:

  1. You are too funny! Glad you are enjoying the food and rain. Why doesn't Casey have any cameo shots? Make sure the guys take pictures of you...I want to see you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, Mark is smiling in EVERY picture. He is so happy Brian.
    I hope you all have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Oh, and Clint looks nice when he sleeps...just let him know for me,o.k?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you made it there safe and sound...thank you Jesus! That's a whole lotta food on those plates! You firefighters must need LOTS of energy!

    Looking forward to more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you had a Full Irish Breakfast! I'm jealous and that is how much they eat for breaky! Why do you think my children are so large??? Take care and enjoy it I know I can't put in to words how much I miss it.

    Brian, As I am sure you were warned, be careful going on shift. When we still lived in Ireland, there were lots of reports of attacks on Firefighters called out to bogus calls. I'm not tryingto freak you out and it will all depend on where you go etc.

    ReplyDelete