Thursday, May 14, 2009

First Night Away

So the plan was to leave around 5pm. I started packing just after 2pm but really didn't get serious until around 4pm - what really is the hurry? How long can it really take to throw some socks and shirts into a suitcase... luckily (for those also on the trip) my wife was there to help me with all the items I needed. I thought I did quite well packing all my stuff into one normal sized suitcase - I didn't even need to use the "expansion zipper" on it. Because we will be going on duty while we are over there we also had to pack our firefighting gear - that took one of the two bags we are allowed to take. We'll see how we'll I judged the weight limit - but if I'm close I know Clint will be WELLLLLL over.
Although there are 7 of us from Fresno, only 4 of us are flying out of San Francisco. We headed out finally around 6pm - after a couple of "return" trips back to the house for some missing item. Dinner was a wonderful meal at Farmer Brothers... I still am enjoying the after taste of the philly cheesesteak.

We arrived at our overnight stop in San Jose at some old friends from Hume. After some hockey highlights from the game - off to bed. Our flight leaves San Fran at 8:30am - and I booked the "later" flight. Someone said the alarm in the house goes off at 4:09am...

5 comments:

  1. more videos. thats an order. except maybe next time one that has a beginning and an ending please and thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian! Thank you for doing this...super cool! Be careful of any nostril shots. That's gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot, ya, will you keep doing those videos. They are FFUUUNNNYYYY. I like especially when your eyes go back and forth like that in the beginning and your tongue comes out at the end. Ya, keep doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you guys! have a safe, but great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a safe trip! So excited for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete