Monday, May 25, 2009

Heading Home

After just a couple of hours of sleep we packed up in the vans and headed off to the airport. We had to leave early since some of he guys had earlier flights than our group. We checked in at the airport and sat and had breakfast. After saying goodbye to the rest of the team, Casey, Mark, Clint and I headed to our gate to wait. Casey and Mark decided to stroll around the shops since we had about an hour and half before our flight left. Clint headed off to the bathroom and I happened to head an announcement over the PA. "THIS IS THE FINAL CALL FOR FLIGHT XXX TO NEWARK. THE GATES WILL BE CLOSING." I grabbed the bags and started for the gate. Clint came running out of the bathroom and we bolted to the gate. We had no idea where Casey and Mark were. I ran back to the corridor and was able to see Mark and Casey strolling along enjoying themselves. They finally caught me jumping up and down and realized something was up. I guess they board the planes an hour early here rather than 30 minutes. Whew!!!

We landed in New Jersey and was considering grabbing a taxi and heading down to Ground Zero or Times Square during our layover. Considering our close call on the last flight - and the fact you are reading this... we chose just to stay at the airport.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Yay! Yay! I can't wait! Hurry! Hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a riot, Brian. I'm still laughing about the TB. Seriously, I do pray you are OK. Thanks a million for sharing your blog. What a blessing. Happy Birthday to Ashlyn too! Happy reunion. Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete